Monday, October 09, 2006

7. Here I Am Alone

For those of you who don't know, Dave and I are writing a musical together for his final project for film school. It is about a person who goes to this musical place where no one can see or hear him. So he has these full blown musical sequences and no one shares it with him. Not even his long time girlfriend. He worries about this, and that is what this first song is about.

Unfortunately it didn't quite have the feel Dave was going for. As you might be able to tell it takes itself pretty seriously, and david wanted a little more contrast in it. Like it feels kind of like a cheesy disney musical, or something a little more stylized than singer songwriter. And I think he is right, I have some ideas kicking around my head and I think the next song I give a go to will be more in the proper genre.

I as going to add electric guitar and bass to the chorus when the jazz organ comes in but since we wont be using the song... Meh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the one you emailed him, its great!

Excited to see you soon :)