Monday, October 16, 2006

8. The Other Place

This is another failed attempt at the first song in Dave's musical. After writing it I sent it off to him and we decided that it was again to dark. It was actually kind of a painful experience to write, I went to a bad place in my head and put it down over the course of three hours. I wasn't feeling good at the end of it all.

I don't really buy in to the whole painful art thing. Artists walking around with paint-spatered paints being miserable so they can create great works never really spoke to me. I don't know, just rambling now; but I did hurt when I was done writing this song.

2 comments:

Jesse Jenkins said...

That one feels more like a musical song. More on genre. I don't think it's bad that it's kinda dark. I mean, it's setting up the primary conflict of the film, right, and that shouldn't be too cheery. Anyway, nice work on this one, Mo. Keep at it.

Jesse Jenkins said...

Moses, I can't help but notice that it's been a couple weeks since we've heard a new song here...

You still doing the 52 in 52? You've got a couple to catch up now...

Keep at it my friend!