My project kind of got derailed. After the musical was finished, the holidays set in, and now I am going to school "full time" and working 25 hours a week. I write full time in quotes because I am taking thirteen credits which any real student will tell you is hardly full time; but with work and all, time for writing is harder to find on a regular basis. So I plan to make my song writing less regular, but still a part of my life. To replace the musical rift regular song writing has left I have purchased a bass and have set about learning to play it. This will accomplish several things: 1. when I do write songs I wont have to bother Hugh to come record a bass line 2. I will have an instrument that is useful when jamming with my peeps and 3. funk bass lines are about the coolest thing since sliced bread, and some day I will be able to play them. Oh yes, some day.
My aggregate pointed out Tom's new post and I thought about the fact that when he comes back he will probably be pretty fluent in Russian. How crazy is that?
At times I wonder if by the end of her stay in Louisiana Zayne will be able to run from Clinton to Portland in a matter of hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey dude. Welcome back.
I'm also learning to play the bass, and have picked up the drums again as well. I unpacked my set from my dad's garage and brought it in to Ptown and also borrowed my dad's bass and amp recently. Max, Chris, Glenn and I have been jamming in the basement recently, and while we suck, it's been fun! I'm sure with your musical training and ability to play the guitar, you will get much better than me much faster, so next time we see each other, you'd better be prepared to give me a lesson or two.
And yes, funk bass riffs = coolest thing since sliced bread! Some day, my friend, some day...
Glad you're back in the grind and surviving. Wish we could have mint juleps together soon...
mosey, i never got to see that musical. how did it turn out?
bet
Post a Comment