Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I got let go

I've just been let go for the first time ever. And it feels great! I started to think things where up at my old work when they hired three new people and started to train them all in the bar immediately. At the time I was only getting two host shifts and one bar shift anyway, so I thought to myself "good time to get gone". So I went and got myself a job at The Indigo District two nights a week. But that still wasn't quite enough to pay my rent so I asked if I could just keep my one bar shift that they had been giving me. They said sure, and then on friday, said they couldn't.

It was a strange feeling at first, but now it is very liberating. The old job had become really stressful. So now I am on the job search again. I think I might have a line on a place, but we shall see. I am definitely going to keep my two nights at indigo (thursday and friday night), and hopefully pick up two more days elsewhere. more to come

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.