I was riding home from the indigo last night on my bicycle; and for the whole entirety of the ride I didn't see a single soul. Not a car, not a homeless person looking for cans, not a drunk college freshman making a preemptive walk of shame. It was very cold, and I felt very peaceful. The night had been slow, and it ended with me counting out my till joined by my two favorite regulars: an alcoholic machinist by the name of Charles, and a Bedouin grad student who wrote my name in arabic named Mo (short for Mohamed).
I really like the place I am working. It fills me with good feelings, which is a nice change.
Back to the city: For a short moment I wondered if this is what it would be like if some kind of pandemic hit; like a really huge one. And for a moment I felt lonely.
And then the moment passed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment