Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Project

All of my friends are ridiculously talented. Dave is off in florida being brilliant, Zayne is saving the world and being an amazing poet at the same time. Campy has mad skills and is drawing every day while at the same time constantly working on his writing. Thinking of all of these people and there mad skillz that killz I thought back to a conversation David and I had a while ago. It centered around the fact that if you want to be good at writing you just have to do it. Just write constantly. That is the only way you well ever be really good at something is to do just get out there and do it all the time. Talent can only carry you so far before it starts to not be enough, and its that nose to the grind-stone mentality that really gets your stuff to that next level.

So with that in mind I am going to write a song a week. I'm not going to stop myself if i can put together more than one, but one is the baseline that I will hold myself to. I am going to post them here and you all can take a listen and give critique if you want, or not, either way. Not very many of them will be good, but I think it is more important to get it down on paper/digital tracking, and I think posting will force me to have structure and a deadline type thing. Mastering might be quick and not everything will be balanced or EQed but we shall see.

I have to get my university account working so I can host the tracks but that should be taken care of on monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, my friend.