Wednesday, December 26, 2007

movie news

So Campy is apparently going to be blogging more often and it made me think of my own long neglected space. So here I am dutifully spewing into the void.

However, I do have news. As some of you may know the ilustrious and talented David William Metzger and I filmed a little penguin musical a while ago. About a month ago it was entered in a small student film festival in florida called Brouhaha. It was really short notice and neither dave or I attended, however our little film managed to snag one of the two honors of distinction that the festival hands out.

Which is cool, but became much cooler when Dave found out that because of said honor we would be automatically accepted to The Florida Film Festival. We are super stoked. According to Dave this is a big deal, the festival being right below Sundance in its burliness (think of Sundance as an A and Florida as a B+). Its kind of like getting a seat at the world series of poker by winning a satellite.

I will keep you all updated as more news becomes available. I have no expectations, but i'm pretty sure that Dave and I are going to be movie stars in a couple months.

1 comment:

Campy Draper said...

Your analogy made less sense than your original description of the situation. To me. Because I hate poker.