I haven't posted into this space in forever! which makes me a little sad. So many of my dear friends are spread across this planet and I love reading there blog posts. To have a constant insight into their lives is pretty bitchin, and I am shocked that I wouldn't return the favor. Or favoure? As they spell it up here? Not saying that a regular look into my life is some kind of favor, I don't know, I'm sure you can figure out the feeling that I am trying to describe.
With that being said, I have moved to Canada for a job. For non-disclouser reasons I can't really talk about that so this blog wont really be full of work updates, but Vancouver turns out to be a pretty bitchin city and I hope that life will be fairly interesting. At least enough to regularly post about. I guess at times the minutia of the day can be interesting as well.
I'm living downtown which is pretty cool. Vancouver is very different than any other city I have spent time in. The downtown area is all on a peninsula which makes it small and tall. Neighborhoods tend to be only a couple blocks across. You can be walking and in the space of a couple of minutes the entire feel of your surroundings will change. Its also very safe. I have ridden my bike through "the bad part of town" and I swear to god that there are sketchyer neighborhoods in Eugene. The city kind of feels like Walt Disney remade New York. All of the big city couture with out any of the teeth.
Shit is expensive here. Pabts is still the cheapest six pack around, but that is at $10 Canadian.
Campy is here, which is awesome. Having someone to explore the city with makes a big difference. You can go form zero to creepy in like four seconds when you are that lonely looking guy at the bar.
Speaking of which. Last night Campy and I adventured to this bar called The Cambie. Its actually a bar/restaurant/hostel but on a friday night its gets pretty kickin'. I haven't had to wait in a line for a bar in two years. It sucked. But it did give us the chance to meet (possibly) our first friends in Vancouver. When you stand in a line for an hour you have a pretty good opportunity to get to know the people around you. The bar was packed, it was a very strange experience to be on the other side during a friday rush. Kind of nice. Could get used to it:)
Well I guess that is all for now, my brain still isn't working all the way as I am still suffering the effects of a pretty good hangover. Hopefully I will be more amusing when my brain works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, post more you bitch.
Love ya!
I am glad you love the cambie.
We must go there again soon.
Post a Comment