Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Edgumakation

Aren't college degrees kind of odd things? I'm not sure about other people, but I think I could go to school for a lot longer than I am planning to and not feel ready. But at the same time, in some aspects, mind you only some, I feel ready for the professional world now. So when are you ready? and what does a degree have to do with that.

Kind of arbitrary isn't it? After you take these courses you will be... what? Smart enough? Knowledgeable enough? People are so different it is almost ludicrous to think that a set of classes will prepare everyone. But we all buy in to this university system; literally and figuratively. But then again it seems to work out just fine for most everyone doesn't it.

Does everyone feel ready to graduate and be real adults yet?

I call this one Hide and Seek

2 comments:

Campy Draper said...

Mosey hurt my nosey.

T-Mac said...

Well, I liked college and feel better for having gone there for as long as I did, but my worry is that if I had gone there any longer, it would have lost some meaning. Just my .02