So today my buddy Ben needed to go to UBC to interview some mettle bands because that's one of the things he does to pay the rent. I decided to roll my fixed gear out there because the weather has started to turn nice and i figure i could use a good peddle. Plus its only around 13k so it really isn't that bad. I was mostly right, there was a really big hill at the end. It was painfull.
So i showed up to the college way early because i wasn't really sure how long long the ride would take, or if i would need to walk large portions of it. turns out i beat the bus, which always makes me feel like a baller.
Anyway, showed up way early, and i hear some huge sound system bumping sweet tunes. Naturally attracted to sweet tunes i decide to roll towards the tuneage. I happen upon a large area fenced off by blue rent-a-fence. so i thinks to myself i thinks "wonder who is playing here?" just as the thought goes through my mind i catch a snippet of conversation "The Roots". I jump of my bike and confirm what my ears though to good to be true. Yes the roots would be playing in a scant few hours.
call to Ben, and our evening plans are set. They rocked hard. Or funked hard? whatever term is most appropriate they did that really hard. I spent some time upfront, but got out when i had to start paying more attention to not getting trampled than listening to the show. They did a sweet cover of "sweet child of mine" probably for all the white kids that were jumping up and down a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment