Saturday, May 09, 2009

I wish i could ride my bike forever

Every once in a while while i am sitting quietly (did i just use while twice right next to each other?... huh) or loudly as the case may be, I get the strongest urge to just drop everything and get on my bike and peddle. I had a moment kind of like that today. I was at the Winston after having eaten. I had done a work out road ride earlier that day and was feeling pretty good about the whole thing, when i found out Jeff was going to bike polo.

Jeff wasn't picking up and he failed to mention on FB where the aforementioned polo was taking place. After digging around the internet for a while the best i could come up with was a two year old website with the name of a park on Commercial Drive. No day of the week or time was listed, just the park.

But i was feeling like a ride so i was like "fuck it, if they aren't there i got there on by bike and then i'll have to ride my bike back, really a win win situation."

they weren't there.

But it didn't bother me. I wish i could ride my bike for a living. But not really race, just ride. I have been getting to know a bunch of couriers, and i know that there lives are pretty stressful and a large part of their job is not fun. But The riding bikes around all day thing... that seems all right.

No comments: