Couple things, the end to the miss single speed story is on the podcast. I didn't tell the story very well. I'm not sure if it was because i didn't have practice, or because it was naturally a story that was just convoluted, or because campy was twittering the entire time. Can't tell. Either way, i think the front end of the podcast was really good.
I think i am going on my first group road ride after i wake up. I'm excited and nervouse. Its kind of like the first day of school. Will i make friends? are people going to be mean? Is the teacher going to be nice? Road cycling has kind of a tricky following. It is at the same time both very collaborative and competitive. Basically the entire sport is based around the fact that you can't really get anywhere by yourself, at least not in a race sense. The person sitting on your wheel is working 30% less hard than you are. No one on the Tour is 30% more fit than the next guy, so you have to have a bunch of help. That brings this whole spirit of "hey man, do it, i'll work, you work, lets get it done". But you are also just racing. Anytime someone passes you you just want to jump on a wheel and start hammering.
So I don't know what the group will be like tomorrow. It doesn't help that i can rock it out pretty hard in the flats, and then die going up hills. Makes going with a group that likes to go fast really difficult for part of the ride:)
I'm sure i'll tell you how it goes.
If i don't chicken out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment